Sunday, November 20, 2005

The Ten Principles of True Love

This is an excerpt from my website "Joy is Now" which I've placed here to welcome comments, questions, and refinements. Please enjoy it, and share it with your friends and loved ones. Help me spread true spiritual non-neurotic love around the world.


1. When I say I love you, I mean that I feel a deep, tender, ineffable feeling of affection and solicitude toward a you. I am filled with a feeling of intense desire and attraction towards you. I feel a sense of underlying oneness with you that fills my heart with joy.

2. I give my love to you freely, as an expression of my own passion, and I do so without any expectation of your feelings toward me.

3. When I say “I love you” it doesn’t mean that I feel ownership over you, or that I have expectations for your behavior, or rigid ideas of our future together.

4. I love you for what you are now, not for what I hope you will someday become. I have no plans to change you. I do, however, support your own desire to grow.

5. I respect your right to you having your own feelings, and to your need to learn your own lessons in life. If I can help, I will wait to be asked, and otherwise will allow you to go through the experiences that you need and choose.

6. I will do my best to be in touch with my own feelings and desires, and communicate them to you without any expectation that you will act on them.

7. I am happy with or without you. My bliss is my responsibility alone.

8. I leave you free to be yourself: to think your thoughts, indulge your tastes, follow your inclinations, behave in ways that you decide are to your liking. I have no right to judge or change your behavior.

9. I desire that you be happy. If your time spent with me is not joyful, then you are welcome to go on your way with my love and support still with you.

10. I recognize that we are two separate whole people, who have chosen to walk side-by-side through life for a time. I rejoice in the ecstasy of the present-moments we share together.


This is copyrighted material. Copyright Sam Palahnuk / Brother Wolf. Please do not copy or distribute this material without written permission from the author.
Thanks!

Praise for The Ten Principles of True Love

"That is beautifully written and so true! Exactly how I feel and look at love... Wish more people understood the definition."

- Denise

"Sam, very well put. I have been married over 18 years and my husband and I are still in love and love being together. You sum up a lot of those feelings in what you wrote. "

Love
Darkdove

" yeah, that's beautiful. thanks"

- Dawn

"Your 10 steps are exeptionaly true, esspecialy the indepence of existing as two seperate concious beings..."

- Ty

"I posted your link in my blogs!"

- Mellisa

"Sam, your 10 steps were exactly what I learned how to do in one of my last "relatednesses". What you wrote was beautiful. "

- Mamma

"Sam, I really connected to the points you make about unconditional love. I especially enjoyed the definitions that deal with being responsible for your own bliss and loving regardless of the circumstance or proxmity to that person. Thank you for your thoughts. "

Blessings
Queen Mab

"That's beautiful Sam! Brought a tear. May I email it?"

- Blue

"I really like your site Sam. It's a great place to go when you don't feel so great! I'll be checking in on it every-so-often as it developes. Thanks! "

~K

"Thank you for your website! I love it. What a lovely gift you have created. I will pass your wonderful website on to my friends and family. "

Love and Light,
Paula

"This is quite amazing and very cool! "

- Nick Palance

"I think you're onto something and it's great that you're trying to make a difference in people's lives by bringing things to their attention like that. "

- Simon

15 Comments:

Blogger ~C4Chaos said...

beautiful! thanks for sharing. it made my day ;)

~C

6:34 AM  
Blogger welgerish said...

hello... thanks for sharing your thoughts w/ us... your article about the principles of love is really great... it inspires me a lot... that's why i would also like my friends to read it and i'm here to ask for your permission to post at least the link to your blog's website... thanks... :)

5:55 PM  
Blogger Sam said...

Yes, always feel free to post and share this. Just always attribute the work to me and provide a link.

Thanks!

- Sam

2:00 PM  
Blogger lynx said...

That's great. I'd love it.
Thanx for sharing ^^

11:20 PM  
Blogger Darshan Chande said...

That's amazingly true! But a very few people manage to truly understand love with such clarity and depth.

I, too, have made an attempt to express what love is here.

7:08 AM  
Blogger DJ said...

Perfect ........ Love it

8:05 AM  
Blogger mon said...

hi sam,
i just went through a break up . so i'm trying to refigure evrything i've ever known about love and life and i came across your blog. the list is awesome and by the end of it, i was in tears. pls do recommend some additional materials which will get me through this phase and make me a better person.. thanks and god bless

11:50 PM  
Blogger step3a said...

yea !!! this must be. as many people need to learn how to make a good relationship

12:19 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Lovely.

6:58 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Lovely.

7:04 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Everyone needs true love. But sometimes we get into false relationships. It breaks our heart but we should not lose hope. Love has always been here. I'm sharing this book to you wonderful people so that you can also feel the changes it made my life for the better.

It's entitled, "The Secrets that No One Told You About Love - How To Find Good Love And A Lasting Relationship In The RIGHT, Good And Fast Way. (Hidden Sscrets Of Love, Book 1, About Love)"

Here's a link if you guys are interested. :)

http://www.amazon.com/HIDDEN-SECRETS-LASTING-RELATIONSHIP-ebook/dp/B00CLJYB9O/ref=sr_1_2?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1367742807&sr=1-2&keywords=new+relationships

8:30 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I m ANGELINA from RUSSIA,My ex lover now [husband] is back and we are happily married with kids and i m here to gave thanks and appreciation to Dr MAXI the spell caster of maxispelltemple@yahoo.com for all the time He stood by me,for all the truth He make me see,for all the happiness He brought into my life,for all the wrongs He make right,for every of my dreams He make come through and for the help i found in Him,i am grateful and thankful unto Him,He was the one that helped me all,He never let me fall,He was the one that saw me through it all,He was .my source of strength when i was weak,He was my voice when i couldn`t speak,He was my eyes when i couldn`t see,He saw the pain wasn`t good for me,He lifted me were i couldn`t reach,i m everything i m today because You helped me,i m so happy my husband is back in my life at last,His email is maxispelltemple@yahoo.com,A temple were sorrows are dropped and happiness is gain in return.

7:27 PM  
Blogger dsds said...


Nice article. I think it is useful and unique article. I love this kind of article and this kind of blog. I have enjoyed it very much. Thanks for your website.
true love

3:03 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

7:39 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Dear Sam: Thank You ❤️
If I were to remarry, I would suggest your 10 points as vows... which begs the question: when one is secure and understands Love exists as Love exists, and allowing for the inevitable ebbs and flows, why marry?

Open doors, open walls, with this kind of Love at the core seems the greatest gift we can give one another.

Marriage becomes a purely symbolic act to declare "I choose to walk the path with you" and not one of legal, power, fear and control desires.

Beautiful.

Lovingly,

Morag

7:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home